109 Sidley Lawyers Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for 2007
New York – Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has named 109 lawyers from Sidley Austin LLP as leaders in their field in their 2007 guide. Fifteen practice areas in Sidley’s U.S. offices received number one rankings, and Sidley received 123 lawyer rankings for 109 recognized lawyers, including 27 number one rankings. In the 2006 guide, 95 Sidley lawyers were recognized.
The fifteen number one ranked practice areas are: National (5) – Capital Markets: Structured Products (Structured Derivatives, CDOs, Repackaging & Synthetic Products), Capital Markets: Securitisation, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Financial Services Regulation, International Trade, Transportation: Rail (for Railroads); District of Columbia (2) – Environment, Litigation: Appellate; Illinois (7) – Antitrust, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, Environment, Insurance: Reinsurance Litigation, Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory, Intellectual Property; New York (1) – Banking & Finance: Asset-based Finance.
Twenty-six Sidley lawyers achieved twenty-seven individual number one rankings for their work in specific practice areas. Lawyers who received number one rankings in the National category include: Thomas W. Albrecht, Renwick Martin and Gary Stern, Capital Markets: Securitisation; Renwick Martin and Robert J. Robinson, Capital Markets: Structured Products (Structured Derivatives, CDOs, Repackaging & Synthetic Products); Michael F. McEneney, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Financial Services Regulation; Daniel M. Price, International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy; and G. Paul Moates, Transportation: Rail (for Railroads).
In the Illinois category: James Clark, Banking & Finance; Lawrence Nyhan, Bankruptcy/Restructuring; David Carpenter, Communications; Thomas A. Cole and Frederick C. Lowinger, Corporate/M&A; Priscilla E. Ryan, Labor & Employment: Benefits & Compensation; Richard W. Astle, Energy & Natural Resources: Transactional; Michael P. Goldman and Kenneth R. Wylie, Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory; James R. Stinson, Insurance: Reinsurance Litigation; Richard O’Brien, Media & Entertainment: Litigation; and Lee M. Smolen, Real Estate, received top rankings.
In the District of Columbia category, Eugene R. Elrod, Energy: Oil & Gas; David Buente, Environment; and Carter Phillips, Litigation: Appellate, all received number one rankings.
In the New York category, J. Gerard Cummins and Edward F. Petrosky received number one rankings in the Real Estate: REITs category.
In the Dallas office, V. Bryan Medlock received a number one ranking in Intellectual Property in the Texas category.
Paul Walker of the Los Angeles office received a number one ranking in Real Estate in the California category.
A firm profile and complete rankings for Sidley are available on the Chambers USA website at: http://www.chambersandpartners.com.
The U.K.-based international publisher Chambers and Partners based its report on in-depth interviews with 14,000 leading private practice lawyers and key in-house counsel. A team of over 40 full-time researchers conducted the survey over a six-month period, with law firms and lawyers chosen on merit only.
Sidley Austin LLP is one of the world's largest full-service law firms, with more than 1,700 lawyers practicing in 16 U.S. and international cities including Beijing, Brussels, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. In 2006, Sidley was named to Legal Business’ Global Elite, their designation for "the 15 finest law firms in the world." Sidley was again named the number one law firm for overall client service by BTI, a Boston-based consulting and research firm, in 2007. BTI has also named Sidley to their Client Service Hall of Fame as one of only two law firms to rank in the Client Service Top 10 for six years in a row.
For more information:
, Director of Practice Development 212.839.8797
Chambers USA Firm Rankings
- Antitrust - Illinois
- Appellate Law - National
- Banking & Finance - California
- Banking & Finance - Illinois
- Banking & Finance - National
- Banking & Finance: Asset-based Finance - New York
- Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing - New York
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring - California
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Illinois
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring - National
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity - California
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity - National
- Capital Markets: Securitisation - National
- Capital Markets: Structured Products (Structured Derivatives, CDOs, Repackaging & Synthetic Products) - National
- Communications - Illinois
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity - Illinois
- Corporate/M&A - National
- Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded - New York
- Corporate/M&A: Private Equity - California
- Corporate/M&A: Southern California - California
- Energy & Natural Resources - Illinois
- Energy: Oil & Gas - District of Columbia
- Energy: Oil & Gas - National
- Environment - District of Columbia
- Environment - Illinois
- Environment: Mainly Transactional - New York
- ERISA Litigation - National
- Financial Services Regulation: Asset Management Regulation - National
- Financial Services Regulation: Banking & Securities (Regulatory Compliance) - National
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Financial Services Regulation - National
- Government: Government Contracts - National
- Healthcare - District of Columbia
- Healthcare - Illinois
- Healthcare: Pharmaceutical/Medical Products Regulatory - District of Columbia
- Insurance: Coverage Litigation - Illinois
- Insurance: Reinsurance Litigation - Illinois
- Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - Illinois
- Intellectual Property - California
- Intellectual Property - Illinois
- Intellectual Property - National
- Intellectual Property - Texas
- Intellectual Property: Patent - New York
- International Arbitration - National
- International Trade - National
- Labor & Employment - Illinois
- Labor & Employment: Benefits & Compensation - Illinois
- Leisure & Hospitality - National
- Litigation - District of Columbia
- Litigation: Appellate - District of Columbia
- Litigation: General Commercial - California
- Litigation: General Commercial - Illinois
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Illinois
- Media & Entertainment: Litigation - Illinois
- Products Liability - National
- Real Estate - California
- Real Estate - Illinois
- Real Estate - New York
- REITs - National
- Tax - Illinois
- Tax: Corporate - National
- Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Regulatory - District of Columbia
- Transportation: Aviation: Finance - National
- Transportation: Rail (for Railroads) - National
- Wealth Management - National
For purposes of the New York State Bar rules, this press release may be considered Attorney Advertising and the headquarters of the firm are Sidley Austin LLP 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300 and Sidley Austin LLP One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000. Prior results described herein do not guarantee a similar outcome.