Our General Counsel Roundtable was an afternoon featuring presentations by leading practitioners and business leaders on the following topics:
Government Investigations: Cooperation without Surrender
- David L. Anderson, Sidley Austin; former First Assistant U.S. Attorney, Northern District of California
- Sara B. Brody, Sidley Austin — Global Co-chair Securities Litigation Practice
- Robert M. Calderoni, Ariba, Inc. — Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Global Conflicts in Cloud Computing: Addressing Concerns over Privacy, Security and Government Access
- Timothy R.W. Cowen, Sidley Austin; Founder of the Open Computing Alliance
- Alan Charles Raul, Sidley Austin — Global Co-chair of Privacy, Data Security and Information Law Practice; former Vice Chairman of the White House Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
Advancing Business Strategies in Washington, D.C.
- Hank Barry, Sidley Austin; former Chief Executive Officer and Director of Napster
- Rick Boucher, Sidley Austin — Head of Government Strategies Practice; former U.S. Congressman from Virginia (1983-2010); Chairman, House Sub-Committee on Communications, Technology and the Internet
- Kate Mitchell, Scale Venture Partners — Founder and Managing Director; Chairman, National Venture Capital Association
- Thomas C. Rubin, Microsoft — Chief Counsel for Intellectual Property Strategy; Lecturer in Law, Stanford Law School
- Thomas A. Cole, Sidley Austin — Firm Chairman
- Paul Verbinnen, Sard Verbinnen & Co. — President and Co-Founder
Supreme Court Review: Major Cases Affecting Business
- Peter D. Keisler, Sidley Austin; former Acting United States Attorney General and Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division
- Carter G. Phillips, Sidley Austin; former Assistant Solicitor General and one of the nation’s leading Supreme Court Practitioners
Our dinner speaker this year was The Honorable Cory A. Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey. Mr. Booker, who was recently named by TIME Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world, is known for his innovative ideas and bold leadership. Mr. Booker is a graduate of Yale Law School, a Rhodes Scholar, and a former Stanford University football player.
Materials from the event can be viewed by clicking the links below.