Sidley Scholars Summer Seminar
The Sidley Scholar Summer Seminar (S4) is designed to:
- Introduce the Scholars to the American legal system.
- Introduce the Scholars to the basic concepts of the common law courses they will take in their first year of law school.
- Give the Scholars an opportunity to meet and develop relationships with practicing Sidley lawyers, both partners and associates.
- Create a network of support for the Scholars as they begin their legal careers.
During the weekend, the Scholars will participate in classroom-style legal seminars taught by practicing lawyers, as well as social events designed to introduce them to
Sidley partners and associates. We hope that as a result of the Sidley Scholars Summer Seminar, the Scholars will come away with a preliminary idea of the legal concepts they will be exploring in their first year of law school. We also look forward to providing a community of support and mentorship for the Scholars as they make their way through law school, and eventually join the legal profession as our colleagues.
2014-2015 Program Timeline
Friday, January 17, 2014
Sidley Prelaw Scholars applications postmark due date. Complete application must include:
- Official college transcript (unofficial transcripts may be submitted initially; however, official transcript must be provided in order to receive award)
- A copy of most recent FAFSA SAR (Student Aid Report)
- A resume (one page maximum)
- Completed recommendation form
Top applicant phone interviews will take place in late February through early March.
Names of chosen applicants will be posted on this page no later than Friday, March 7, 2014.
March - April, 2014
Sidley Scholars are expected to:
- Enroll in an approved LSAT prep course*
- Register for the June LSAT
Monday, June 9, 2014
Monday, February 2, 2015
Sidley Prelaw Scholars will have completed and submitted;
- At least five (5) law school applications
- S4: Sidley Scholars Summer Seminar
- 2014 Sidley Scholars begin law school
For more information, please contact