The Palo Alto office of Sidley Austin LLP
1001 Page Mill Road, Building 1
Palo Alto, California
Data privacy is a critical issue for the life sciences industry. Recent developments in regulation and enforcement as well as increasing globalization pose distinct challenges for life sciences companies.
Sidley invites you to attend an all-day seminar which will give participants the opportunity to hear from industry and government experts, learn about the latest legal and regulatory developments and share best practices.
Who should attend?
Compliance, Privacy and Data Security Officers; In-house Counsel for social media companies in the life sciences and healthcare industries; Clinical Research Professionals; Human Resources Executives.
Topics will include:
- Update on enforcement of US data privacy laws: HIPAA and HITECH
- State law developments and litigation involving point of sale communications
- FTC regulation, developments and enforcement
- Reform of the EU data protection regime
- Data privacy challenges and solutions for life sciences
- Dealing with social media
- Managing international clinical trials and data privacy
- Health Information Technology (HIT) developments, including electronic medical records
- Consumer perspectives and initiatives to expand data privacy regulation
- Increased regulation of privacy of genetic information
Confirmed speakers include:
- Judith Beach, Global Chief Privacy Officer, Senior Associate GC for Regulatory & Government Affairs, Quintiles
- Laura Berger, Senior Attorney, Division of Privacy & Identity Protection, FTC
- Damon Burrows, Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Allergan, Inc.
- Ashley Gould, Vice President - Corporate Development, Chief Legal Officer, 23andMe, Inc.
- William Long, EU Privacy, Data & Information Law, Sidley
- Deborah Marshall, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital, Sidley
- Deven McGraw, Director of the Health Privacy Project at Center for Democracy & Technology
- Edward McNicholas, Privacy, Data & Information Law, Sidley
- David Ralston, Chief Privacy Officer, Gilead Sciences
- Anna Spencer, Privacy, Data & Information Law, Sidley
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
9:00 am – 5:00 pm (registration from 8:30 am)
The seminar will be followed by a cocktail reception.
If you have questions for the speakers, please click
Portions of this program will qualify for CLE credit.
or phone 650.565.7026