JOSH ANDERSON has extensive experience handling the defense of class actions, appeals and complex, multi-party litigation in federal and state trial courts. With a passion for providing creative solutions to complicated legal issues, Josh has substantial experience in the areas of life sciences, pharmaceuticals, consumer fraud, insurance, and bankruptcy. His recent victories include:
- Obtaining a $104 million judgment for a pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman patent infringement lawsuit following a three-week bench trial.
- Obtaining dismissal, summary judgment, and denial of class certification in a series of putative nationwide and statewide class actions against a pharmaceutical company involving the alleged false advertising of a prescription drug.
- Obtaining voluntary dismissal of claims against a pharmaceutical company involving challenges to its co-pay assistance programs for privately insured consumers.
- Obtaining $118 million judgment for a Korean automobile manufacturer after a four-day bench trial before a bankruptcy court, which was affirmed on appeal by the district court and the Ninth Circuit.
- Obtaining summary judgment for a title insurance company and its affiliates in a case alleging bad faith refusal to defend and indemnify a real estate developer against three lawsuits.
Recognized by his peers as one of the top young lawyers in California, Josh was named as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” Appellate Lawyers in California in 2014 by the American Society of Legal Advocates and a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010 by Los Angeles Magazine.
Several of Josh’s victories have been reported in Law360 and by the Drug and Device Law blog, including the Arkansas Supreme Court’s decision in DePriest v. AstraZeneca Pharms., L.P., 351 S.W.3d 168 (Ark. 2009), which was identified as number two on the Drug and Device Law blog’s list of the Top Ten Best Prescription Drug/Medical Device Decisions Of 2009.
Prior to joining the firm, Josh served as judicial extern to the Honorable Barry Russell, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Los Angeles.