BRIAN C. FLAVELL’s practice involves the representation of capital markets and traditional financial institutions, opportunity funds and other real estate investors in connection with financing, purchase and sale, leasing and development transactions.
Major engagements have included the following:
- Representation of capital markets institutions, banks, and life insurance companies in origination of mortgage-secured loans involving hotel, retail, office, industrial and multi-family properties
- Representation of major automobile finance company in connection with complicated ground leased dealership properties
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in restructuring of financing transactions and multi-loan securitized portfolios involving all property types, including the representation of a hedge fund lender in the workout and loan modification of a $1.2 billion mezzanine facility secured by numerous Class-A NY office buildings
- Representation of financial institutions in both mortgage and mezzanine loan foreclosures
- Representation of real estate investors in acquisition, sale and leasing of office, retail and multi-family properties
- Representation of major bank’s trust department regarding leasing and disposition of commercial trust properties
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Flavell was a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court for the Central District of California.