DAVID S. WITEK is counsel in the firm’s Palo Alto office and practices in the Corporate and Securities group. He joined the firm in 2002. Mr. Witek regularly represents strategic and financial buyers and sellers in a broad range of public and private company merger, acquisition and joint venture transactions.
Recent transactions on which Mr. Witek has been involved include the following:
- Represented Roche in its collaboration and option to acquire Inception Sciences
- Represented Genentech in its collaboration and option to acquire Constellation Pharmaceuticals
- Represented InsWeb (now known as Internet Patents Corporation) in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Bankrate for $65 million
- Represented International Game Technology in its acquisition of BringIt, a social gaming company
- Represented Instructables, an online do-it-yourself community, in its acquisition by Autodesk
- Represented Proximex, a physical security information management system provider, in its acquisition by ADT Security Services, Inc.
- Represented Fanfare, a system and device testing and solutions provider, in its acquisition by Spirent Communications for $15 million
- Represented Genentech in its collaboration agreement and purchase option with Forma Therapeutics relating to a pre-clinical small molecule program
- Represented Roche in its acquisition of the worldwide development and commercialization rights to danoprevir from InterMune, Inc. for $175 million
- Represented Genentech in its acquisition from Lonza Group of a cell culture biologic manufacturing facility in Singapore for $290 million
- Represented Micronomics, a statistical and economic consulting firm, in its acquisition by ERS Group
- Represented Aon Corporation in the sale of stock of AIS to Mercury Insurance
- Represented Eckler Industries, a leading catalog and online retailer of aftermarket parts for predominantly classic cars, in a series of four acquisitions of aftermarket part retailers
- Represented PWP Industries, a leading food packaging manufacturer, in its acquisition by Pactiv for $200 million
- Represented Hi-Tech Group, a provider of precision plastic and elastomeric components for medical devices, in its acquisition by Parker Hannifin Corporation
Mr. Witek also regularly advises companies with respect to corporate and federal securities law issues, including corporate governance and SEC disclosure matters, and has represented issuers, underwriters and investors in public and private offerings of common stock, preferred stock, convertible securities and debt securities.
While in law school, Mr. Witek was an Associate Editor of the University of Colorado Law Review, a member of the winning team in the Rothgerber Moot Court Competition, and recipient of the Austin W. Scott, Jr. Award for best oral argument.