Aimee M. Contreras-Camua
AIMEE M. CONTRERAS-CAMUA is a partner in the Los Angeles office and member of the Real Estate practice. Aimee has over 15 years of experience representing institutional lenders, real estate funds, opportunity funds, investment banks, life insurance companies, a major residential developer and other real estate investors in a broad range of transactions, including mortgage and mezzanine financing, acquisitions and dispositions of single assets, equity interests and portfolio transactions, mortgage origination for commercial mortgage-backed securitization programs, sale-leasebacks, joint ventures and leasing. The real estate assets covered by Aimee’s practice include full-service resorts, industrial facilities, office buildings, retail, multifamily and mixed-use projects.
Prior to joining Sidley, Aimee served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Harry Pregerson, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She earned both her J.D. and B.A. from the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award from the Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Estate Property Section for 2006
- Recipient of the Southern California Diversity and Leadership Council 2016 Multicultural Leadership Award
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with the sale of a large portfolio of net-leased real estate assets for approximately $950 million.
- Representation of a large concrete manufacturing company, as seller/tenant, in connection with a $220 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 51 manufacturing/industrial warehouse properties located in 22 states in the United States and in 2 provinces in Canada.
- Representation of an opportunity fund, as buyer/landlord, in connection with a sale-leaseback transaction involving 283 properties located in 26 states. The total purchase price was $570 million. This transaction included a sale at closing of approximately half of the sites to a third party for approximately $350 million.
- Representation of United Oil in its acquisition of 251 gas stations and convenience stores from Pacific Convenience & Fuels, an operator of gas stations in California, Colorado, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
- Representation of an opportunity fund, as purchaser, in connection with the acquisition of over 50 dark grocery stores out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with an aggregate $1.3 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by portfolio of 154 hotel properties in 32 states and in the CMBS standalone securitization of the $775 million mortgage loan component of the financing.
- Represented a large institutional lender in connection with an agented securitization transaction consisting of ten mortgage loans totaling approximately $875 million secured by 10 Class A office properties located in southern California.
- Representation of a large institutional lender in the origination of an aggregate $503 million mortgage and mezzanine financing secured directly and indirectly by 261 restaurant properties in 34 states (the Outback Steakhouse, Carrabas and other restaurant brands).
- Board Member, California Bar Foundation
- Board of Governors, Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
- Executive Advisory Council, Asian Americans Advancing Justice Los Angeles
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Real Property Committee
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, Philippine American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Panelist, “Changing Perceptions of Asian Americans in the Public Eye and its Impact on the Legal Industry,” Asian Pacific American Law Journal 2016 Symposium, UCLA School of Law, April 10, 2016