Deborah A. Marshall
DEBORAH A. MARSHALL is a partner with the firm and concentrates her practice on strategic business counseling for emerging growth companies and investors at all stages of development, from start-up entrepreneurs to publicly traded entities and technology-based, multinational corporations.
Ms. Marshall has advised issuers, investors and investment banking firms in the Internet, software, electronics, clean technology, media, entertainment, biopharmaceutical, genomics, medical device and diagnostics sectors. She has significant experience in venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private equity and strategic partnerships.
Ms. Marshall is a frequent speaker on issues related to venture capital, emerging growth companies, life sciences, public securities and entrepreneurship. She has been a guest lecturer on entrepreneurship at the University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business, as well as a member of the faculty of the Haas Business School’s Global Bio-Executive Program.
Awards & Honors
- Ms. Marshall is featured as a Life Sciences Star in the 2012-2014 editions of LMG Life Sciences for her outstanding finance and transactional work.
- Ms. Marshall has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in Corporate, M&A and Securities Law each year since 2007.
- Ms. Marshall’s work as a corporate lawyer is highlighted in the 2007 Corporate and Finance version of The Legal 500 United States edition.
- Moderator, “Corporate Venture Funding: What You Need to Know,” Venture Summit West Conference (February 2015)
- Moderator, “Corporate VCs – Strategic Funding,” Venture Summit West Conference (February 2014)
- Moderator, “The Next Frontier: Life Sciences Convergence with Silicon Valley," California Healthcare Institute Annual Meeting 2014 (November 2014)
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Business Law, 2nd Edition – contributions include Chapter 5 (“Structuring the Ownership”), Chapter 13 (“Venture Capital”) and Chapter 17 (“Going Public”)
- State Bar of California
- Advisory Board of the Women’s Technology Cluster (non-profit organization focused on entrepreneurship for women in technology), 1999-2006
- Visiting Committee for Northeastern University School of Law, 2001-2004
- Columbia University Campaign Council for Undergraduate Education, 2009 - Chair, Columbia University School of General Studies Annual Fund