NITIN REDDY is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office and is a member of the Antitrust/Competition, Products Liability and Supreme Court and Appellate practices. Nitin’s practice focuses on representing food, drug, nutrition, supplement, cosmetics, medical device and other life sciences companies in a variety of matters, including false advertising cases, government investigations, consumer fraud class actions, products liability, antitrust and civil appeals.
Nitin maintains an active pro bono practice and is the recipient of ACLU Foundation of Southern California’s 2008 Pro Bono Advocacy Award. He earned a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School and received a B.A. from the University of California – Berkeley. Prior to law school, Nitin worked as a cancer researcher, focusing on the development of a virus designed to kill cancerous cells. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, teaching a course on federal jurisdiction.
- Representing a nutrition company in FTC, SEC, and state AG investigations regarding its multi-level marketing compensation system.
- Defending a food company in false advertising class actions regarding labeling of olive oil products.
- Defending a food company in false advertising class actions regarding labeling of juice products.
- Defending a cosmetics company in false advertising class action regarding labeling of anti-cellulite cream.
- Defending pharmaceutical company in state and federal products liability actions regarding anti-bleeding medicine.
- Defending pharmaceutical company in state and federal products liability actions regarding cholesterol reducing medicine.
- Defending pharmaceutical company in state and federal products liability actions regarding atypical antipsychotic medicine.
- Counseling pharmaceutical company regarding potential product liability risk exposure for bone health medicine.
- Defending a medical device company in state and federal products liability actions regarding ICD leads.
- Defending a Fortune 500 energy company in state and federal antitrust litigation involving allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy.
At the appellate level, Nitin has argued before state and federal appellate courts and has been involved in the briefing of several successful appeals, including:
- Krinsk v. Luxury Link, LLC, No. D066254, Cal. Ct. App. (Sept. 21, 2015) (argued)
- Ischemia Research and Education Foundation v. Pfizer Inc., No. H034653, Cal. Ct. App. (Feb. 28, 2013)
- Ex parte Scott, No. 1091275, 2011 Ala. LEXIS 37 (Ala. Mar. 18, 2011)
- Leggett v. Duke Energy Corp., 308 S.W.3d 843 (Tenn. 2010)
- Co-Chair, Sidley’s Recruiting Committee, Los Angeles office
- Former Board of Directors member, South Asian Bar Association of Southern California’s Public Interest Foundation