Peter I. Ostroff
PETER I. OSTROFF is senior counsel in the firm’s Los Angeles Litigation group. He recently served a three-year term as a lawyer representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference and was a member of the California Judicial Council Civil Litigation Advisory Committee. Los Angeles Magazine has featured him as one of Los Angeles’s “pit bull” lawyers. Mr. Ostroff is recognized in the 2011–2016 editions of The Best Lawyers in America in Bet-The-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Litigation – Labor & Employment and in the 2014–2016 editions for Entertainment Law– Music. In addition, Mr. Ostroff is recognized as a Litigation Star in the United States in the 2014 edition of Benchmark Litigation.
Mr. Ostroff has a commercial trial and litigation practice. He has substantial experience respecting all aspects of business litigation from mediation through trial with significant arbitration, bench trial, and jury trial experience. He has considerable experience in the defense of complex class actions arising from a variety of commercial settings. In addition to extensive trade secret litigation experience, he has lectured on the law of trade secrets and unfair competition.
He served for more than ten years as head of the firm’s West Coast Litigation practice and member of the firmwide Executive Committee. He is co-chair of the firmwide Complex Commercial Litigation practice area team.
Following his legal education, he served on the Law Faculty at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, 1968–69 and then as a law clerk to the Honorable Shirley M. Hufstedler, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1969–70.
- Chairperson, American Bar Association Litigation Section, Commercial Litigation and Computer Litigation Committees and as a Member of sections governing counsel
- President, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association’s Litigation SectionTrial by Jury Task Force
- Member, State Bar of California, Executive Committee of the Intellectual Property Section and the Litigation Section
- Trustee, Los Angeles County Bar Association