GABE SALTARELLI is a partner in the firm’s New York office whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Gabe advises clients on complex M&A transactions, including public company mergers, purchases and sales of private companies, and the formation and disposition of joint ventures. He also advises on corporate finance transactions.
Gabe’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing acquirers and sellers in a variety of industries, including: insurance; asset management and other financial services; telecommunications; retail; health care; energy, oil and gas; steel and other manufacturing; hospitality; and internet, entertainment and publishing.
Gabe’s corporate finance experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in connection with credit facilities, as well as issuers and investment banks in public offerings, Regulation S and Rule 144A offerings and private placements.
- Leucadia National Corporation in the formation of Folger Hill Asset Management, a joint venture between Leucadia and Sol Kumin, and a $400 million seed investment by Leucadia in a multi-manager investment fund to be formed by Folger Hill with an anticipated initial commitment in excess of $800 million;
- Alaska Communications Systems in the sale of its joint venture interest in The Alaska Wireless Network to General Communication, Inc. for $300 million;
- Special Committee of Kenneth Cole Productions in a going-private transaction with Kenneth D. Cole, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, and the controlling shareholder, of the company;
Alaska Communications Systems in the formation of The Alaska Wireless Network, a joint venture with General Communication, Inc., for the purpose of holding and operating both companies' wireless facilities;
- Athene Holding Ltd. in its acquisition of Presidential Life Corporation, a publicly-held fixed annuity, life insurance and accident and health insurance company, for approximately $415 million;
- Global Atlantic Financial Group in its acquisition of Forethought Financial Group, a privately-held company that offers annuities and preneed life insurance;
- Highstar Capital in the sale of its 50% interest in Intergen N.V. to GMR Infrastructure for approximately $1.1 billion;
- Guggenheim Capital in its issuance of $100 million in preferred stock and warrants to K1 Ventures;
- Fortress Investment Group in the acquisition of CW Financial Services;
- Roc Capital, a hedge fund focused on quantitative equities trading, in its sale of a minority interest to a Mittal affiliate;
- Broadpoint Securities Group in its acquisition of Gleacher Partners;
- Alaska Communications Systems in its acquisition of Crest Communications Corporation, owner and operator of the North Star submarine fiber-optic cable;
- NRDC Equity Partners in its acquisition of Fortunoff;
- AIG Highstar and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in their acquisition of Intergen N.V. for approximately $1.75 billion; and
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in connection with its sale of 33 luxury hotels to Host Marriott for approximately $4.25 billion.
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Waive: Standstill Provisions in Light of Recent Delaware Cases," The M&A Lawyer (April 2013).
- “Judicial Interpretation of Financial Statement Representations in the Acquisition Context,” M&A Lawyers' Library of the American Bar Association (July 2011).
Gabe is a member of the American Bar Association’s Mergers and Acquisitions Committee and the M&A Jurisprudence and Private Equity M&A Subcommittees.
- Faculty, “Pocket MBA Fall 2013: Finance for Lawyers: Closing Business Transactions,” Practising Law Institute (October 2013).
- Faculty, “Ethical Issues in Going Private Transactions,” Practising Law Institute (February 2011).