Lisa A. Schneider
LISA A. SCHNEIDER is a patent litigator in the firm's Chicago office and also a member of the appellate resource group. She has a practice that focuses on intellectual property litigation at both the trial and appellate level, primarily in the pharmaceutical and medical device arts. She has co-taught courses in appellate practice and procedure at John Marshall Law School and in patent litigation at Chicago Kent School of Law. She has also presented at several PLI seminars. She served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul R. Michel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from 1996 to 1997.
REPRESENTATIVE PATENT CASES
- Linksmart Wireless Technology v. SBC Internet Services, Inc., d/b/a AT&T Internet Services (E.D. Tex.) -- counsel for defendant AT&T in patent infringement suit involving redirecting Internet traffic.
- Alberta Telecommunications Research Centre d/b/a TRI Labs v. AT&T Corporation (D. N.J.) counsel for defendant AT&T in patent infringement suit involving telecom network.
- Nomadix, Inc. v. Hewlett Packard Company, et al. (C.D. Cal.) counsel for defendant AT&T in patent infringement suit involving redirecting Internet traffic.
- MSTG Inc. v. AT&T Mobility et al. (N.D. Ill.) –- counsel for defendant AT&T in patent litigation involving 3G cellular phone technology.
- Millenium Biologix, LLC v. Baxter Healthcare Corp., et al. (N.D. Ill) – counsel for Baxter in patent litigation involving bone implant materials.
- Edwards Lifesciences et al. v. Medtronic, Cook and W.L. Gore (N.D. Cal.) -- counsel for plaintiff in patent infringement suit involving endovascular graft for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Hitachi, Ltd., et al. v. BorgWarner Inc. et al. (D. Del.) -- counsel for BorgWarner in patent infringement case involving electronic control of variable camshaft timing system in automotive engine.
- Smithkline Beecham PLC, et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA and Smithkline Beecham PLC, et al. v. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Ltd., et al. (D. N.J.) -- counsel for GSK in patent infringement suits involving generic versions of diabetes drug.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Alza Corporation and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Osmotica et al. (D. Del.) –- counsel for Alza and Janssen in two Hatch-Waxman cases involving an ADHD treatment.
- Boston Scientific Corp. and Target Therapeutics v. Cordis Neurovascular (N.D. Cal.) -- counsel for defendant Cordis in case involving neurovascular occlusion devices.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Grünenthal GmbH v. Actavis Elizabeth LLC and Alkem Laboratories Limited (D. N.J.) –- counsel for Janssen in several Hatch-Waxman patent infringement suits involving an analgesic drug.
- Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc. v. Kali Labs, Inc., et al. (D. N.J.) –- counsel for Ortho-McNeil in several Hatch Waxman patent infringement suits involving an analgesic drug.
- University of Rochester v. G.D. Searle & Co., Inc. (W.D. N.Y.) –- co-counsel for Pharmacia, Monsanto and Searle in patent infringement suit involving selective COX 2 inhibitors.
UNITED STATES STEEL CORPORATION
- Schofield v. U.S. Steel Corporation (N.D. Ind.) – counsel for defendant U.S. Steel in patent infringement suit involving use of pneumatic actuators in processing of steel sheet.
- The Honorable Paul R. Michel and Lisa A. Schneider, “Vitronics Some Unanswered Questions” in Chisum et al., Principals of Patent Law: Cases and Materials (Foundation Press 1998)
Lisa is involved in the firm’s Africa-Asia Agricultural Enterprise Pro Bono Program, which aims to support smaller and medium sized agriculture-related enterprises and development non-governmental organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa and the developing countries in Asia.
- PLI: Fundamentals of Patent Prosecution 2012 –- panel on Litigation Issues (May 2012 and May 2013)
- PLI: Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2009 –- panel on Developments in Section 112 Law (September and October 2009)
- Judicial Conference of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit panel on obviousness (May 2006)
- “Protecting a Web Site: An Intellectual Property Primer for the Web” given at Creating for the Web sponsored by the American Graphics Institute (May 2001)
- Co-taught John Marshall Law School Masters Class in Preliminary Injunctions (2001)
- Co-taught John Marshall Law School Masters Class in Appellate Oral Argument (2000)
- Co-taught John Marshall Law School Masters Class in Appellate Brief Writing (1997, 2000)
- Co-taught Patent Trial Advocacy, Chicago Kent College of Law (1998)