YABO LIN is a partner in Sidley’s Palo Alto office. He counsels clients in both the U.S. and Asia on mergers and acquisitions, venture investments, capital markets, IP transactions, joint ventures, and corporate governance. His experience covers a wide range of industries, including information technology, telecom, cleantech, biotech, and manufacturing. Yabo also counsels foreign-based clients on transactions involving U.S. national security issues in connection with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (“CFIUS”).
Yabo’s recent significant experience includes representing:
- several major investors in China and the U.S. in their respective investments in a leading mobile app company totaling $280 million;
- several major Chinese telecom and Internet companies in their strategic investments in the U.S.;
- Synopsys, Inc. in its $420 million stock acquisition of SpringSoft, Inc., a Taiwan Stock Exchange listed company, through tender offer;
- Flextronics International in acquiring Motorola Mobility’s global manufacturing operations; and
- Eddingpharm, a pharmaceutical company based in Shanghai, in its $95 million purchase of biological compounds and other assets of ACT Biotech, a San Francisco-based biopharmaceutical company.
Born and raised in China, Yabo was a licensed lawyer in China before coming to the U.S. In 2006, Yabo received the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s (NAPABA) highest honor, the Trailblazer Award, for “making substantial and lasting contributions to the Asian Pacific American Community.”
- Board member, Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
- Member, Advisory Committee of the Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology
- Member, International Advisory Committee, Stanford University Rock Center for Corporate Governance