OLIVER ZHONG is an associate in the firm’s Hong Kong office. His practice focuses on corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including Hong Kong and SEC-registered initial public offerings and high yield debt offerings pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
Mr. Zhong’s recent transactions include advising:
- PanAsialum Holdings Company Limited, a PRC-based aluminum products manufacturer most notably of unibody chassis of popular multimedia tablets, on its Rule 144A/Reg S initial public offering on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Main Board.
- ICBC and Guotai Junan Securities, as underwriters, in connection with the initial public offering of Tang Palace (China) Holdings Ltd listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Main Board with concurrent global placement pursuant to Regulation S. Tang Palace is a leading restaurant group in China.
- SouFun Holdings, Ltd., a leading real estate Internet portal based in Beijing, on its SEC-registered initial public offering (with ADSs) listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The IPO was a part of the disposition by the majority shareholder, Telstra International, of its controlling stake in the company. Both the IPO as well as the private placement by Telstra of its remaining shares in the company to two institutional investors closed on the same day.
- Shimao Property Holdings Limited, a leading real estate developer in China, on its Reg S offering of US$800 million principal amount of 6.625% senior notes due 2020.
- Caiful Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Guangzhou R&F Properties Co., Ltd., a leading real estate developer in China, on its Reg S offerings of US$600 million aggregate principal amount (including an offering of original notes and a “tap” offering of additional notes) of 8.75% senior notes due 2020.
- SOHO China Limited, a leading PRC commercial property developer focused on central Beijing and Shanghai, on its dual-tranche, Reg S offering of US$600 million principal amount of 5.750% senior notes due 2017 and US$400 million principal amount of 7.125% senior notes due 2022.
- HSBC and Deutsche Bank, Singapore Branch, as joint lead managers, in connection with the Reg S offering of US$150 million principal amount of 11.875% senior notes due 2017 by Sound Global Ltd., a leading water and wastewater treatment solutions provider in the PRC.
- KWG Property Holdings Limited, a large-scale PRC property developer with a leadership position in Guangzhou, on its Reg S offering of US$400 million principal amount of 13.25% senior notes due 2017.
- Evergrande Real Estate Group Limited, a leading real estate developer in China, on its Rmb 9.25 billion (US$1.4 billion) dual-tranche synthetic offshore Renminbi bonds which consisted of the offerings of Rmb 5.5 billion 7.5% Senior Notes due 2014 and Rmb 3.7 billion 9.25% Senior Notes due 2016. The Reg-S bonds denominated in Renminbi and settled in U.S. dollars. The deal was the largest Asian high yield bond ever and the largest Reg-S bond since 2001.
Prior to joining Sidley, Mr. Zhong was a research fellow at the U.S.-Asia Law Institute, New York University School of Law. His publications have appeared in the Columbia Journal of Asian Law, Michigan Journal of Law Reform, LBJ Journal of Public Affairs, among others.
Mr. Zhong speaks fluent English and Mandarin.