PAMELA MARTINSON represents major institutional and other lenders, as well as borrowers and equity sponsors. She possesses extensive experience in complex financings of all kinds, including syndicated and single-bank lending transactions (secured and unsecured), leasing (leveraged and synthetic), asset-based lending, securitizations and structured finance. Ms. Martinson regularly handles the debt aspects of sponsor-led acquisition transactions. Her practice regularly involves cross-border loans and security, international trade finance and lending to technology and growth companies. She has been instrumental in developing loan and lease documentation for a commercial lender and equipment lessors and has experience in lease and loan financing of early-stage companies that include the issuance of warrants. She advises credit and collections departments of major corporations with respect to credit, workout and Uniform Commercial Code issues.
Ms. Martinson has more than ten years of experience as a banker and commercial lender. She was employed by an asset-based lender and a commercial bank in credit, credit management and sales positions. As operations manager, she was responsible for asset-based lending operations including credit analysis, collateral control and portfolio management. She developed and implemented workout arrangements for problem loans. She marketed private-label leasing programs to U.S. vendors of equipment, and sold and structured tax-advantaged leases on behalf of a bank leasing company.
With real business experience as a lender and lessor, Ms. Martinson has the ability to better understand and appreciate the credit risk and other business aspects of a financing and is a valuable resource in structuring debt and lease transactions.
- Panel Chair and Speaker, Venture Lending, ABA Annual Meeting, San Francisco (August 2013)
- Panel Member, Two’s Company, Three’s A Crowd: Tri-Party Agreements in Commercial Lending Transactions, ABA Annual Meeting, Chicago (August 2012)
- Meeting co-chair and speaker, Security Interests, Collateral and Debtors at Home and Abroad: Beyond the DC Filing Office, ABA Annual Meeting (August 2010)
- Accounting Update: Codification, Convergence and Conversion, ABA Section of Business Law Spring Meeting (April 2010)
- Legal Issues for Privately Held Companies Seeking Sources of Capital in Equity and Debt Markets, ABA Annual Meeting (August 2009)
- I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends, A Look at Guaranty Agreements, Comfort Letters, Letters of Credit, and Other Credit Enhancements, ELFA Legal Forum (May 2008)
- Event organizer and moderator, Asset-Based Lending Panel, CFA NorCal Chapter Education Event (May 2006)
- Microfinance: Leveraging Capital to Reduce Poverty in Developing Countries, ABA Section of Business Law Spring Meeting (April 2006)
- Lender Liability Then and Now, San Francisco Investment Forum (May 2005)
- The Evolution of Synthetic Leasing Post — FIN 46, 2003 Annual Convention of the Equipment Leasing Association
Awards and Honors
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2014 Palo Alto Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 San Francisco (metro area, including Palo Alto) Securitization and Structured Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Leading lawyer in Banking & Finance, Chambers USA (2011-2014)
- Leading lawyer in banking law and structured finance law, The Best Lawyers in America (2007–2015)
- Leading lawyer in bank lending, Legal 500 (2012)
- Leading lawyer in equipment finance law, The Best Lawyers in America (2011-2015)
- Board of Regents, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers