RICHARD J. JARDINE is counsel in the New York office. His principal areas of practice are fund management, derivatives, lending transactions and structured finance.
His experience includes the following types of transactions:
- Representation of investment managers in the formation of domestic and international funds, the formation of liquidation vehicles for distressed funds and the acquisition of investment funds.
- Counsel in numerous lending transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, letters of credit, debt restructurings and financings provided to hedge funds, private equity funds and mezzanine funds.
- Representation of investment managers and dealers in negotiating, structuring and unwinding derivatives trades, including credit default swaps, total return swaps, interest rate swaps, and currency swaps.
- Counsel to financial institutions regarding loan and conduit administration.
- Counsel to sponsors of publicly registered exchange-listed commodity pool ETFs.
- Representation of issuers, underwriters and collateral managers in the formation, restructuring, resecuritization and liquidation of various structured finance transactions.
- Counsel in a variety of corporate transactions, including public securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions.