GABRIEL SALTARELLI is a partner in the firm’s New York office whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Mr. Saltarelli advises clients on complex M&A transactions, including public company mergers, purchases and sales of private companies, and the formation and disposition of joint ventures. He also advises on corporate finance transactions.
Mr. Saltarelli’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing acquirers and sellers in a variety of industries, including health care, insurance and other financial services, energy, oil and gas, steel and other manufacturing, hospitality, telecommunications, internet, entertainment and publishing.
Mr. Saltarelli’s corporate finance experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in connection with credit facilities, as well as issuers and investment banks in connection with public offerings, Regulation S and Rule 144A offerings and private placements.
- Highstar Capital in the sale of its 50% interest in Intergen N.V. to GMR Infrastructure for approximately $1.1 billion;
- Guggenheim Capital in its issuance of $100 million in preferred stock and warrants to K1 Ventures;
- Fortress Investment Group in the acquisition of CW Financial Services;
- Roc Capital in its sale of a minority interest to a Mittal affiliate;
- Broadpoint Securities Group in its acquisition of Gleacher Partners;
- NRDC Equity Partners in its acquisition of Fortunoff;
- AIG Highstar and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with their acquisition of Intergen N.V. for approximately $1.75 billion; and
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in connection with its sale of 33 luxury hotels to Host Marriott for approximately $4.25 billion.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- “Judicial Interpretation of Financial Statement Representations in the Acquisition Context,” M&A Lawyers' Library of the American Bar Association, July 2011; and
- Faculty, “Ethical Issues in Going Private Transactions,” Practising Law Institute, February 2011.