The decisions handed down by the Supreme Court in the 2007-2008 Term will have a significant impact on the development of the law in areas affecting virtually every industry - the pharmaceutical sector in particular - and the nation as a whole. We invite you to a panel discussion of the recent key decisions of the Roberts Court on issues including:
- Riegel v. Medtronic — the medical device preemption decision and its aftermath
- Warner-Lambert v. Kent — the case involving preemption of determinations regarding the adequacy of regulatory disclosures made to FDA
- Potential implications of the Court’s recent cases for Wyeth v. Levine, the prescription drug preemption case being heard next Term
- Patent Protection
- Punitive Damages
- Employment Discrimination
- Securities Law
* Note: Sidley will also present a general Supreme Court Roundup session at 5:00 p.m. on July 28 at the offices of Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY.
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited provider for NY MCLE Credit. This program has been approved for 1 hour of general credit.