On April 6, 2009, the Chinese Government announced its ambitious healthcare reform plan. The reform aims to build a Basic Health Care System by 2020 that will provide affordable healthcare services to all Chinese population. The Chinese Government has committed significant funding to the reform, including $125 billion from 2009 to 2011. The reform will bring new opportunities and challenges to pharmaceutical, biologics and medical device companies doing business in China.
In this turbulent political context, this webinar will carefully analyze areas of potential risk for manufacturers and address important questions such as:
- How will reform reshape China’s healthcare system for pharmaceutical and medical devices companies?
- Which products will benefit most from China healthcare reform?
- How will China’s National Essential Drug List be implemented and how will it impact multinational pharmaceutical companies?
- How will healthcare reforms affect pricing for drugs and devices in China?
- What adjustments will companies need to make to ensure compliance with a reshaped healthcare regulatory regime?
- The discussion will be delivered in a convenient audio conference format, and capped off with an interactive Q&A round.
Chen Yang, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Katherine Wang, Counsel, Sidley Austin LLP
Dan Poppy, Assistant Managing Editor, PharmAsia News
Sidley is proud to co-sponsor this Windhover Elsevier Business Intelligence webinar.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
9am Eastern • 90 Minutes