Data privacy is a critical issue for the life sciences industry. Recent developments in regulation and enforcement as well as increasing globalisation pose distinct challenges for life sciences companies. Sidley invites you to attend an all-day seminar which will give participants the opportunity to hear from industry experts, learn about the latest legal and regulatory developments and share best practices.
Topics will include:
- reform of the EU data protection regime
- US data privacy laws: HIPAA and HITECH
- global data privacy programmes: structuring and implementation
- pharmacovigilance and data privacy
- technology and data privacy: e-health applications, social media and cloud computing
- managing international clinical trials and data protection
- patient confidentiality in genomic research
- cross-border data transfers including transfers of clinical trial data
- dealing with regulatory investigations and data security
Thursday, 9th June 2011
9:30 am – 4:30 pm (registration from 9.00 am)
Free to qualifying delegates - Please RSVP to email@example.com or call +44 20 7360 3600.