The Preeminent FCPA Compliance Event for Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CROs and Biotechnology Companies
Sidley partner Karen Popp was invited to speak on the topic “FCPA Internal Investigations: How to Avoid Common Pitfalls That Can Lead to Prosecution,” in which she and other panelists discussed what to do and not do while conducting an internal FCPA investigation. They provided insight into what the most common pitfalls are, what actions must be taken immediately upon discovering wrongdoing and how information discovered during an internal investigation can be used to minimize or even prevent later prosecution, while also maximizing credibility to the Government.
Featuring an updated agenda and designed specifically for the life sciences industry, this acclaimed conference will provide attendees with high-level, advanced strategies on how to:
- Incorporate “enhanced compliance obligations” and Government expectations into your global FCPA compliance program
- Minimize exposure to bribes and prevent corruptive behavior during the foreign clinical research process
- Properly vet, screen and monitor third parties - HCPs, foreign consultants, doctors, CROs and distributors
- Deal with audit committees, board of directors and corporate officers when FCPA issues arise
- Reduce FCPA exposure in CME activity – physician sponsorships, grants and advisory boards