As we enter 2013, employers in California are faced with a number of significant new obligations imposed by recently passed legislation and NLRB decisions. It is important that employers become familiar with the details of these new legal requirements and review their human resources policies to ensure compliance.
We invite you, or your designee, to an afternoon program, on Thursday, January 24, 2013, in Beverly Hills, or, a breakfast program on Thursday, February 7, 2013, in Palo Alto, with Sidley’s leading California labor and employment law partners for a panel discussion on key developments in 2012, new legislation effective in 2013 which is critical to employers, and key pending cases.
Who should attend:
This program is designed to be of interest to in-house counsel and human resources professionals.
MCLE credit will be available.
Topics to be addressed include:
- new legislation such as expanded rules for personnel files and other new compliance obligations for employers
- expanded discrimination law and latest case developments
- new social media restraints and best practices
- arbitration agreements and class action waivers
- developments regarding noncompetition
- cases to watch in 2013
- and much more
Speakers will include:
- Wendy M. Lazerson
Seminars are free to attend but registration is required.
Santa Monica, California
Palo Alto, California