Sidley Austin is a market leader in advising and defending clients concerning international anti-corruption and other compliance-related laws. We would like to invite you to a workshop that will:
- focus on the regulatory developments in and outside of Asia concerning anti-bribery laws, the FCPA, the UK Bribery Act, sanctions, anti-money laundering, and insider dealing;
- share practical advice and the latest compliance benchmarks for establishing and fortifying a company’s compliance program to withstand intense multijurisdictional scrutiny;
- walk you through the steps in the internal audit and investigation processes, as well as key negotiation techniques including what to expect when faced with a government probe; and
- discuss developments in compliance considerations for the Merger & Acquisition or Joint Venture process.
Life Sciences Companies
This session in Singapore for Life Sciences Companies will also explore the possibility of launching a chapter of “aclegal,” a membership-based group of in-house counsel and compliance personnel working on anti-corruption compliance issues in the life sciences sector. Chapters in the U.S. and Europe already exist. All members receive invitations to meetings and telephone conferences, and have access to email alerts and a website that has significant developments, meeting materials, and benchmarking reports tailored to anti-corruption compliance areas of interest to the industry and members. The group holds bi-annual meetings in the U.S. and in Europe. Member companies are permitted to send representatives to all of the meetings.
- Yuet Ming Tham, Partner, Hong Kong
- Karen A. Popp, Partner, Washington, D.C.
RSVP to: Theresa Au-Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org