As the Trump Administration enters the second year of its sweeping deregulatory agenda, many Obama-era environmental regulations are in various stages of being unwound, and the new Administration has signaled a reset on federal enforcement. Former EPA and DOJ attorneys at Sidley will offer an insider's take on the Administration's initiatives thus far and an outlook for 2018, including:
- The key cases challenging the Administration's deregulatory agenda
- Repeal and modification of signature Obama regulations, such as the Clean Power Plan, New Source Performance Standards regulating methane and VOCs, and the Risk Management Plan rule
- The Administration's policy agenda, including NSR reform, rebalancing federal/state enforcement roles, and adhering to the rule of law
- NGO activities, the role of citizen science, and EPA's effort to rein in NGO sue and settle actions
- Strategic planning for investments and compliance in a changing regulatory environment
The program will be presented live in Sidley's Houston office and streamed via webinar for remote participants. CLE credit is pending for this program.
The panel will be led by these Sidley lawyers:
- Sam Boxerman, Partner
- Ryan Morris, Partner
- Justin Savage, Partner
- Andrew R. Stewart, Counsel
For questions or additional information regarding this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.