In the view of the growing demand for arbitration in Asia, Hong Kong offers a dynamic arbitration environment in which professional dispute resolution lawyers can both conceive and pursue a career in international arbitration.
Against this background, you are invited to an event on Diversity in International Arbitration, hosted by SidleyWomen, Women in Law Hong Kong (WILHK) ArbitralWomen, and Ladies in Litigation and Arbitration (LILA), which aims to explore diversity topics in the context of Asia's unique regional advantages.
Participants in the event will discuss how the growing focus on equal representation is changing the face of international arbitration. The event will feature a panel discussion led by women holding senior roles in international law firms. We encourage audience participation and the exchange of ideas in an open, informal setting.
We will discuss:
- Gender diversity of women in international arbitral tribunals
- Unconscious bias
- What does diversity mean in Asia?
- Is being diverse enough, or should we be moving from diversity to inclusion to empowerment?
- Chiann Bao, Asia Pacific Counsel, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Kathryn Sanger, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Kellie Yi, Registered Foreign Lawyer, Allen & Overy
- Yan Zhang, Partner, Sidley Austin
- Desmond Ang, Partner, Sidley Austin
- Louise Barrington, Lawyer, Independent Arbitrator
This is a complimentary event for men and women. Seats are limited.
Panel and audience discussion to be followed by cocktails and canapés.
We look forward to seeing you there!
By accepting the invitation to this event, you are consenting to (i) Sidley Austin, WILHK, LILA and ArbitralWomen (the "Organizers") having your personal data; and (ii) the Organizers appointing Sidley Austin to process such personal data on their behalf for the purposes of this event, including managing RSVPs and issuing thank you emails.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.