Who should attend?
Executives, Investors, General Counsel and Company Counsel
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Registration and Networking Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Program
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Keynote Speaker – Dr. Matthew Walker
Cocktail Reception to Follow
Collaborations: One Size Does NOT Fit All
- Conditions for successful collaborations
- The shift in how companies approach strategic collaborations
- Where are we succeeding and where do the models fall short
- Structural trends and changes to maximize successful partnerships
Alice Hsieh, Sr. Counsel Specialist, Assistant General Counsel, Genentech
Debanjan Ray, Chief Financial Officer and Head of Corporate Development, CytomX Therapeutics, Inc.
Mark Wilson, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Nektar Therapeutics
Josh Hofheimer, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Lifesciences in the Fast Lane: New Approaches to Bringing MedTech and Drugs to Market Faster
- A conversation with Bakul Patel on FDA's Pre-Certification Program for Digital Health Products
- Approaches to data analytics that drive success in drug trials
- Uses of real world evidence to support expanded indications
Bakul Patel, Associate Center Director for Digital Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Dennis Fisher, MD, President, P Less Than; Professor (Emeritus), Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco
Scott Bass, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Conundrum of Navigating the EU Legal Framework: What Are the New Developments?
- Brexit Update: What does Brexit mean for lifesciences companies?
- Data Privacy: Taking stock of GDPR
- IP Update: What’s at stake with IP regulatory rights review?
- Compliance: Evaluating the evolving EU compliance framework
- Tightening Competition Controls: From patent settlement to off-label prescribing, what are the EU competition authorities claiming the pharmaceutical industry is doing wrong
Virginia MacSuibhne, Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Roche Molecular Solutions
Marie Manley, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Michele Tagliaferri, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Dr. Matthew Walker
Dr. Matthew Walker is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Why We Sleep, which was recently selected for the prestigious Sundance Book Festival. Why We Sleep has a singular goal: to reunite humanity with sleep.
For more information, contact SFevents@sidley.com.