Join Sidley for a panel discussion to evaluate transatlantic harmony regarding data protection.
We will be considering the elements that have gone well, as well as areas that could go better, and what could potentially go wrong.
Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
Giovanni Buttarelli, European Data Protection Supervisor
Helen Dixon, Irish Data Protection Commissioner
Jane Horvath, Senior Director of Global Privacy, Apple
Noah Joshua Phillips, Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission
Sidley Moderator: Alan Raul (Partner, D.C.)
Sidley Commenters: William Long (Partner, London)
Our distinguished speakers will cover, among other topics:
- Searching for transatlantic common ground on practices that pose high risks to privacy rights and freedoms
- How to improve transatlantic understanding
- The future of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- Privacy enforcement theories and practices in the EU and the U.S.
- Perspectives on the future of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, U.S. Cloud Act, EU e-Privacy Regulation, California Consumer Privacy Act 2018, Data Brexit, ethical considerations for Artificial Intelligence and novel technologies
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
For additional information regarding this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cristina Menendez Ruiz on +32 2 504 6453.