Sidley is partnering with IPO Edge to host a virtual IPO summit (webcast) where Mike Heinz and Jeffrey Smith will be discussing a number of timely topics to help issuers prepare for upcoming IPOs as the capital markets gradually recover, including public company preparedness, IPO market trends, and considerations relevant to going public via reverse merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) as compared to a “traditional” IPO. Other presenters include industry leaders from Nasdaq, MorganFranklin Consulting, ICR Capital and Renaissance Capital.
The panel will include the following topics:
- Internal planning and readiness considerations
- General and industry-specific considerations for companies planning to go public in 2020
- Corporate governance considerations such as board composition and executive compensation
- Traditional IPOs vs SPACs
- The impact of volatility on investor appetite
- Considerations for going public during election season