These informal video chats, moderated by Sidley partner Alan Raul, are designed to help fill the COVID-19 induced privacy discussion drought. We look forward to hearing what is on the mind of key data protection and cybersecurity thought leaders from both public and private sectors. Each chat will be relatively brief, leaving some time to address participant questions via our virtual space. Please feel free to suggest any topics you would be interested to hear addressed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruno Gencarelli, Head of Unit for International Data Flows and Protection, European Commission
- EU’s New Report on Two Years Under GDPR
- COVID-19 and Privacy in the EU
- Balancing Privacy Against Other EU Rights and Digital Innovation
- Status of Privacy Shield, Standard Contractual Clauses
- Impact and Implications of the Cloud Act
- Data Transfers to Non-EEA and Non-Privacy Shield Countries
- EU, GDPR and Brexit
UPCOMING FEATURED SPEAKERS
Dr. Andrea Jelinek, Chairwoman, European Data Protection Board; Director, Austrian Data Protection Authority
Adam Klein, Chairman and Member, Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
SAVE THE DATES: UPCOMING SERIES
Thursday, July 2, 2020
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.