Last week was a turning point for international companies. For the first time in 10 years the European Commission published proposed NEW Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), used by most international companies to transfer data and the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) publishing NEW Schrems II Recommendations on how to carry out the required assessment of international data transfers post Schrems II. These developments are of critical importance to international companies.
Sidley, OneTrust DataGuidance, and industry speakers will analyze the NEW SCCs, the latest EDPB Recommendations, and the key questions for organizations in understanding the future of international data flows.
Key Takeaways will include:
- What the changes with the NEW SCCs are, and when do companies need to implement them
- In-depth reaction and analysis of the new EDPB Schrems II Recommendations
- Understanding how to carry out a Data Transfer Assessment
- Looking at the Supplementary Measures that organizations may need to implement when transferring personal data
- How to plan for international data transfers over the next few months
- Alan Charles Raul, Partner, Leader of the Privacy and Cybersecurity practice, Sidley, Washington, D.C.
- William RM Long, Partner, Leader of the EU Data Protection practice, Sidley, London
- Lee Parker, Head of Privacy ECP, Biogen
- Caroline Louveaux, CPO, Mastercard
- Lara Liss, Global CPO, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, CPO, Prosus Group
Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance will process delegate contact details for the purposes of organizing and administering this event and for contacting you about future events. Please note that delegate contact details may be passed between Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance for the above purposes.
For questions or more information, please click here to contact us.
This presentation has been prepared by Sidley Austin LLP and Affiliated Partnerships (the Firm) for informational purposes and is not legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. All views and opinions expressed in this presentation are our own and you should not act upon this information without seeking advice from a lawyer licensed in your own jurisdiction. The Firm is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of this presentation or for damages arising from the use or performance of this presentation under any circumstances.
Do not send us confidential information until you speak with one of our lawyers and receive our authorization to send that information to us. Providing information to the Firm will not create an attorney-client relationship in the absence of an express agreement by the Firm to create such a relationship, and will not prevent the Firm from representing someone else in connection with the matter in question or a related matter. The Firm makes no warranties, representations or claims of any kind concerning the information presented on or through this presentation. Attorney Advertising - Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, +1 312 853 7000. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Photos may include Sidley alumni or other individuals who are not Sidley lawyers. Photos may be stock photographs.