Ever-growing concerns about social inequality and calls for social justice have become catalysts for change. As essential members of society, corporations must be informed of the varied and far-reaching implications of the current movements to their businesses, including the need for additional disclosures, the potential for litigation and increased enforcement, and intense scrutiny of capital-intensive infrastructure projects.
During this moderated roundtable, Sidley lawyers will share insights and perspectives on social justice movements and their impacts, and discuss increasing calls for diversity and inclusion in corporate America. The discussion will focus on a range of corporate issues including board governance in the current context, the effects of social considerations on environmental planning, regulation and enforcement, shareholder litigation trends related to social justice movements, and potential disclosure issues.
- Alexa K. Perez, Associate, Commercial Litigation and Disputes
- Kristen R. Seeger, Partner, Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- Stephen L. Cohen, Partner, Securities Enforcement and Regulatory
- Holly J. Gregory, Partner, Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation
- J. Simone Jones, Associate, Environmental
- Nilofer Umar, Partner, Securities and Shareholder Litigation
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.