Sidley is pleased to share the June issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- Board Exposure to Claims of Failure of Oversight – Compliance Risk; Business Risk; Cyber Risk
- Delaware Appraisal Arbitrage: Two New “Pushbacks”?
- New York’s Highest Court Provides a Roadmap for Controller Transactions
- In Delaware, Fully-Informed, Uncoerced Stockholder Vote Leads to Business Judgment Review
- Delaware Court of Chancery Thwarts Incumbent Directors’ Plan to Reduce Board Size to Avoid a Proxy Contest
- Delaware Court of Chancery Declines to Intervene When Company Waives its Delaware Exclusive Forum Bylaw to Settle Litigation in California
- Delaware Supreme Court Holds That Registration to Do Business in Delaware Does Not Confer General Jurisdiction
- Institutional Investors Continue to Increase Their Focus on Long-Tenured Directors
- New Treasury and IRS Regulations Impact Common Intercompany Debt Structures and Limit the U.S. Tax Benefits of Inversions
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the June issue here and past issues here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at email@example.com.
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.