Sidley Austin LLP is pleased to distribute this issue of the SEC Enforcement Quarterly newsletter. Each quarter, our Securities & Derivatives Enforcement and Regulatory practice publishes this review of recent developments in securities enforcement and regulatory matters.
In this issue, we feature the following articles:
- SEC Reports Record-Breaking Enforcement Figures for Fiscal Year 2016
- In Highly Anticipated Decision, Supreme Court Rejects Narrow View of “Personal Benefit” in Insider Trading
- OCIE Warms of Increased Focus on Policies That Could Affect Whistleblowers
- Circuit Split Raises Question About Constitutionality of ALJs at SEC
- Supreme Court to Address Circuit Split on Whether Statute of Limitations Limits SEC Disgorgement Orders
- Recent SEC Staff Changes
- FCPA Focus
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.