The 2020 edition of Chambers Latin America recognized Sidley in the following practice areas:
- Energy & Natural Resources (Latin America-wide)
- International Arbitration (Latin America-wide)
Additionally, three Sidley lawyers were recognized as leading lawyers, including:
- David F. Asmus – Energy & Natural Resources (Latin America-wide)
- Brian A. Bradshaw – Energy & Natural Resources; Projects (Latin America-wide)
- Louis B. Kimmelman – International Arbitration (Latin America-wide)
The annual Chambers Latin America guide recognizes the leading lawyers and firms practicing in the region. Sidley has maintained a valued presence in Latin America for over 50 years. The firm represents major local and multinational companies and financial institutions, private equity and other investment funds, sovereign governments and state-owned enterprises in transactions throughout South America, Central America and the Caribbean.