The 2020 edition of the JUVE Handbook recognized Sidley as a “JUVE Law Firm of the Year” in the South region. The Germany-focused guide presents the services of more than 800 law firms, evaluates their position in the market through interviews of German and international lawyers and clients, and profiles the law firms that hold a special significance and reputation in the region.
Additionally, Sidley was recognized in the Munich region, as well as in four practice areas:
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Leading Restructuring and Turn-around Advisors
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
Five Munich partners were also recognized in a number of practice areas:
- Dr. Björn Holland — M&A
- Volker Kullmann — Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Dr. Jan Schinköth — Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Kolja von Bismarck — Insolvency and Restructuring; Leading Restructuring and Turn-around Advisors
- Dr. Christian Zuleger — M&A; Private Equity and Venture Capital
The JUVE Handbook praised Sidley for having a practice that is well secured and independent of economic conditions. It also acknowledges that Sidley’s hallmarks include a strong mid-cap private equity practice with close ties to long-standing clients and a renowned restructuring practice.