Sidley has been named a finalist for two firm awards and three individual awards at the Women in Business Law Europe Awards. The annual awards recognize leading women for their contributions to the business of law along with the firms that have developed the most progressive initiatives towards diversity and inclusion. Winners will be announced at the virtual awards ceremony on June 24, 2021. The awards shortlisted Sidley for:
- Lyndsey Laverack – “M&A Lawyer of the Year” and “Real Estate Lawyer of the Year”
- Fatema Orjela – “Private Equity Lawyer of the Year”
- Anne Robert – “Litigation Rising Star”
- Jurisdiction Award: Benelux
- Firm Award: Gender Diversity - International Firm
The shortlist entry for gender diversity is related to the work of the London Committee on Retention and Promotion of Women, as Chaired by Fatema Orjela.