Eleven Sidley lawyers were named “Best Lawyer” in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in Belgium.
The following lawyers made the annual list:
- Yohan Benizri — European Union Law
- Jacques Bourgeois — European Union Law, Litigation, and Trade Law
- Vincent Brophy — Competition / Antitrust Law
- Ken Daly — Competition / Antitrust Law, European Union Law, and Regulatory Practice
- Maurits J.F. Lugard — Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice and Regulatory Practice
- Maarten Meulenbelt — Competition / Antitrust Law and Regulatory Practice
- Kristina Nordlander — Competition / Antitrust Law, European Union Law, and Regulatory Practice
- Stephen Spinks — Competition / Antitrust Law, European Union Law, and Media Law
- Michele Tagliaferri — Criminal Defense
- Richard Weiner — Trade Law
- Arnoud R. Willems — Trade Law
Established in 2003 Sidley’s Brussels office is a leader in helping companies, industry associations, and governments navigate and shape EU rules. The lawyers offer a rare combination of private- and public-sector experience and have a sophisticated understanding of EU institutions and policies. They regularly represent clients on a wide variety of matters before the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council of Ministers, EU Member State authorities, and the European Courts.