Eight Sidley lawyers have been named to Variety’s 2022 “Legal Impact Report,” in recognition of their corporate dealmaking and litigation work. This is the sixth consecutive year members of Sidley’s highly praised Media and Entertainment group have been recognized by the annual report. Each year Variety profiles lawyers who have made a significant impact on the entertainment industry through their work in film, television, theater, and digital media.
Sidley’s list of honorees includes:
- Sean A. Commons — Litigation
- Lauren M. De Lilly — Litigation
- Stephen M. Fronk — Corporate Dealmaking
- Lisa M. Gilford — Litigation
- Richard S. Petretti — Corporate Dealmaking
- Rollin A. Ransom — Litigation
- Matthew C. Thompson — Corporate Dealmaking
- Rusty Weiss — Corporate Dealmaking
Sidley has a long tradition of helping media and entertainment clients navigate the legal and business complexities of content creation, aggregation, distribution, and disposition. Led by Matt Thompson, the team’s lawyers assist with significant M&A transactions, financings, cutting-edge distribution deals, tax matters, high-profile litigations, restructurings, and regulatory matters, including before the FCC, the DOJ, the FTC, and other supervisory agencies throughout the world.