Pro Bono Highlights 2018
Empowering people and communities through pro bono legal work is an integral part of Sidley’s culture. In 2018 alone, lawyers and staff across the firm contributed 143,188 hours of pro bono service.
Through our six firmwide initiatives, we are able to extend our reach to individuals and organizations around the world:
- Capital Litigation Project
- Political Asylum and Immigrants’ Rights Project
- Constitutional Rights and Civil Liberties Project
- Veterans Advocacy Project
- Pro Bono Project for The Arts
- Emerging Enterprises Pro Bono Program
Our annual Pro Bono Highlights report captures a selection of last year’s major cases, our firm’s impact and the breadth of our work. Sidley’s collective efforts have helped give prisoners on death row hope; provided sanctuary for refugees escaping persecution; defended the rights of LGBTQ individuals; supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; obtained relief for veterans in distress; aided arts programs in expanding their audiences; and fostered the growth of entrepreneurs in developing countries.