ROBERT AURAY practices in the M&A and Private Equity groups in the firm’s New York office. He focuses on advising domestic and foreign clients on a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies, private equity transactions, strategic alliances and joint ventures, and equity and debt offerings. These transactions have involved companies in a wide range of industries. Robert also regularly advises clients on general corporate and corporate governance matters.
Recent transactions include the representation of:
- CIP Capital and OnCourse Learning Corporation, a CIP Capital portfolio company and leading national provider of online training and compliance solutions to the financial services, insurance, real estate, home inspection, appraisal and IT end markets, in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- CIP Capital in its acquisition of CARCO, a leading provider of tech-enabled and compliance-driven human capital management and risk management solutions.
- CIP Capital and eDriving LLC, a CIP Capital portfolio company and leading provider of online driver training solutions serving teenagers, adults, senior citizens and corporations, in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- Harvest Partners and Valet Waste, a leading national provider of value-added services to the multifamily housing industry, in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- General Electric Company on divestiture by GE to Ansaldo Energia S.p.A. of Alstom’s PSM gas turbine servicing business.
- A financial services company in its sale of its guaranteed investment contract (GIC) business to a mutual life insurance company.
- Nidec Corporation, in connection with its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Emerson’s worldwide motors, drives and electric power generation business.
- Novira Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharma company developing novel viral therapeutic candidates, in its sale to Johnson & Johnson.
While attending Fordham University School of Law, Robert was a member of the Fordham Law Review where he published a student note on sovereign debt.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2014 (cum laude, Fordham Law Review)
- Boston University, B.A., 2008