JAMIE BRIGAGLIANO is a senior counsel of the Securities Enforcement and Regulatory group, which was named the “Law Firm of the Year” for Securities Regulation in 2021, 2020, and 2017 by U.S. News – Best Lawyers and received the 2019 Chambers USA award for “Financial Services Regulation Firm of the Year.” Prior to joining the firm, Jamie served as the Deputy Director of the Division of Trading and Markets at the Securities and Exchange Commission, where he held senior policymaking and management responsibilities. His practice at Sidley is composed of advising broker-dealers, hedge funds, and other financial services firms on a broad variety of regulatory, enforcement, compliance, and transactional matters. Jamie focuses his practice in particular on SEC and SRO rules governing trading by broker-dealers and hedge funds, and broker-dealer registration and conduct rules.
Among these areas in particular are regulations governing:
- Broker-Dealer Registration and Compliance;
- Regulation ATS;
- Short Sales (Regulation SHO and Rule 105);
- Regulation M;
- Order Handling, Regulation NMS, and Best Execution;
- SRO Trading, Reporting, Offering, Advertising, and Conduct Rules;
- SRO Rule Filings;
- Exchange Applications;
- Volcker Rule; and
- Clearance and Settlement.
In the 2022 edition of Chambers USA, Jamie was recognized for his work “in advising broker-dealers and other financial services firms on their compliance with a range of securities regulators, including the SEC,” highlighting that “he has terrific client skills and leading subject matter expertise.”
- Ranked in Chambers USA, Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer (Compliance) (2013–2022).
- “Best Lawyer for Securities Regulation” in The Best Lawyers in America (2016–2017, 2019–2022).