NICK BRITTAIN has a broad range of experience in general banking and finance law, but practices principally in the area of structured finance and securitization transactions. Nick was involved in one of the first UK CMBS restructurings, acting for a subordinated lender and principal arranger of the restructuring. More recently, Nick has focused on renewable energy, including the structuring and implementation of the first UK solar panel securitization and a subsequent program of renewable energy-structured finance transactions. He has also acted for mezzanine lenders in complex mezzanine property finance acquisitions and development financings, for arrangers on life settlement transactions, and has advised on a broad range of servicing, strategic, and enforcement issues for CMBS clients.
Nick has received acknowledgment from numerous industry ranking guides:
- The Legal 500 UK 2024 – Ranked for Derivatives and Structured Products, Securitisation, and Property Finance.
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked for Derivatives and Structured Products, and Securitisation, where clients comment on “Nick’s extensive experience across all asset classes.”
- Best Lawyers 2022 – Ranked for Securitisation Law.
- The Legal 500 UK 2017 – Ranked for Derivatives and Structured Products, and Securitisation
- The Legal 500 UK 2016 – Ranked for Derivatives and Structured Products, and Securitisation, where sources describe him as “approachable, clear and extremely knowledgeable.”
- International Law Office’s 2015 – Client Choice Awards for Securitization & Structured Finance.