NIDHI CHAPPIDI is an associate in the firm’s Corporate group. Her areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance matters. Nidhi represents buyers and sellers in public and private mergers and acquisitions across a wide range of industries. She also advises publicly traded and privately held companies on a broad range of corporate law matters, including SEC disclosure and corporate governance practices.
Clients served in representative transactions include:
- The Western Union Company in connection with the sale of Speedpay, its U.S. bill pay business, to ACI for $750 million.
- Care Capital Properties, Inc. in its merger with Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc., a transaction valued at approximately $7.5 billion
- General Electric Company in the sale of GE Appliances to Qingdao Haier Co. LTD., a transaction valued at approximately $5.4 billion
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. in a divestiture to Fred’s, Inc., a transaction valued at approximately $950 million (terminated)
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. in its co-investment with GI Partners and acquisition of Netsmart, Inc., a transaction valued at approximately $950 million (2016 M&A Atlas Deal of the Year Award)
- Tyson Foods, Inc. in a carve-out transaction of its Sara Lee Frozen Bakery and Van’s businesses
- The Chicago Stock Exchange, Inc. in the sale of the company to the New York Stock Exchange’s parent company
- The special committee of the board of directors of Blue Bird Corporation in connection with the committee’s evaluation of a going-private transaction proposed by Blue Bird’s controlling stockholder, American Securities LLC
- Representation of private equity firms, including Thompson Street Capital Partners and Roundtable Healthcare Partners, in acquisition and sale transactions
- Commonwealth Edison Company in several offerings of its first mortgage bonds
Prior to joining Sidley, Nidhi was a Graduate Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow at The Law Project. She earned her J.D. from Harvard Law School and her B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois with highest honors. Before attending law school, Nidhi worked in the hedge fund services industry.