ROBIN WRIGHT CLEARY is a member of Sidley’s Privacy and Cybersecurity and Commercial Litigation groups. Her practice focuses on matters related to privacy and cybersecurity law, including data breach and cyber incident response, data use and sharing issues, regulatory compliance with state and federal privacy laws as well as evolving international privacy and data protection laws, and internal investigations regarding privacy and cybersecurity issues. Robin is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Some of Robin’s recent experience includes:
- Assisting corporations with preparation for and responses to sophisticated cybersecurity incidents.
- Advising companies on California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance issues.
- Conducting internal investigations involving privacy, data security and regulatory compliance guidance.
- Diligence counseling for mergers related to data security and privacy risks.
- Reviewing TCPA compliance issues and developing governance policies and procedures for telecommunications, financial and healthcare companies.
- Counseling U.S. and global companies on the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Admissions & Certifications
- District of Columbia
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2013 (magna cum laude)
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., 2009 (magna cum laude)
- Bobby E. Shepherd, U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit (2015 - 2016)
- Susan O. Hickey, U.S. District Court, W.D. of Arkansas (2014 - 2015)