- Northwood Investors on its acquisition of Five Acre Square.
- A creditor in relation to its position in the Thomas Cook proposed refinancing and eventual liquidation.
- A creditor in relation to its position in the Casino refinancing.
- Acting for Simon Appell of AlixPartners and Eleanor Fisher of Kalo in their capacity as joint provisional liquidators of Ocean Rig UDW in its successful restructuring of approximately US$3.8 billion of financial indebtedness – one of the world’s largest ever restructurings. The restructuring was implemented through four separate and interconnected Cayman Islands-law governed schemes of arrangement along with Chapter 15 recognition.
- Represented the Joint Provisional Liquidators of Arcapita Investment Holdings Limited in Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States and provisional liquidation in Cayman. Arcapita was a leading global manager of Shari’ah-compliant alternative investments.
- Acted for LDK Solar and the Cayman Court Provisional Liquidators in connection with the groups’ global restructuring which was the first judicially approved multijurisdictional debt restructuring of a China based company.
- Acting for the Bahamian Provisional liquidators and Liquidators of various Baha Mar entities. Working with the Bahamian government and the Receiver-Managers.
- Advising the lender side in relation to the restructuring of Pacific Andes Resources Development Limited (PARD), China Fishery International Limited (CFIL) and certain subsidiaries of PARD and China Fishery Group Limited (CFGL) and in relation to the ongoing Chapter 11 and multijurisdictional proceedings.
Patrick is widely recognized as a leader in the area of Insolvency and Restructuring and is highly ranked in the leading industry guides, including Chambers UK, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, The International Who’s Who of Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers and Best Lawyers. Most recently, he has been listed in Best Lawyers 2020 for Insolvency & Restructuring Law. In Chambers UK 2020, Patrick’s clients say that he “always thinks outside the box,” adding “he's very creative, always commercial, and he's found a way to execute our deals seamlessly. He really helps us to understand the risks, and he comes up with creative solutions that are backed up with technical precision.” In the 2019 edition, clients say he is “truly excellent,” a “go-to for [provisional] liquidators working on cross-border matters. He displays strong legal acumen, overlaying it with sound commercial judgement.” A source from the IFLR 1000 2016 rankings said “Patrick Corr has a flair for creative solutions in complex situations. His advice is always geared to achieving the commercial goals of the deal.” Patrick has also recently been inducted to The Legal 500 Hall of Fame for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency.
Patrick regularly lectures on issues of European and international insolvency/restructuring law and practice to banks, note holders, in-house counsel and accountants. He has presented at the Insolvency Lawyers Conference, Insol Europe’s Annual Conference and the National Bankruptcy Judges Conference in the United States.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Leeds Metropolitan University, LL.B., 1987