CYRIL CUTINHA’s practice focuses on advising European and international private equity sponsors and other investors on cross-border corporate and M&A transactions, including leveraged buyouts; strategic mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures; joint ventures; structured and minority equity investments; equity and debt restructurings; and management equity plans, as well as related advisory work.
Recent examples of Cyril’s work include representing:
- Bilkul Football in its acquisition of West Bromwich Albion Football Club.
- EQT Partners, Inc. and its portfolio company PRO Unlimited in its acquisition of outsourced workforce management provider Geometric Results, Inc. from MSX International (MSXI), a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity.
- EQT Partners, Inc. together with Verdane in the disposal of Forsta, an industry-leading global provider of customer experience and market research technology, to Press Ganey, a leader in patient, member, employee, and consumer experience across the healthcare ecosystem.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on its acquisition of the Azzurri Group, the owner of the ASK Italian, Zizzi, and Coco di Mama brands, along with the Pod Food Limited fast food delivery service via a pre-pack administration sale, following a competitive bid process.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK-curated online marketplace.
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. and its portfolio company Discovery Education, a worldwide edtech leader, in its acquisition of DoodleLearning.
- Mercury 13 Holdco, Inc. in its launch of a US$100 million fundraiser to acquire controlling stakes in women’s professional sports teams in Europe and Latin America.
- H.I.G. Capital in respect the restructuring of its portfolio, Cabonline Group Holding AB, the largest taxi network in the Nordics, which operates in Sweden, Norway, and Finland.
- Merced Capital on the restructuring and acquisition of the Telford Offshore Group.
Cyril is a member of the London Private Equity practice that was honored as “Private Equity Team of the Year” in the 2021 Legal Business Awards, and was “Highly Commended” in the “Private Equity Team of the Year” category at the 2023 Legal Business Awards.
Cyril is also actively involved in promoting diversity in the legal profession, associate development and graduate recruitment. He currently holds the position of London co-chair on the Sidley ASPIRE Leadership Board; regularly speaks at events for aspiring solicitors and entrants into the legal profession, working alongside the Bright Network, SEO London, and UK universities; acts as a supervisor of trainees sitting in the M&A and Private Equity team of Sidley’s London office, and hosts training and presentations for successful candidates for Sidley’s vacation schemes.