JAKOB DEWISPELAERE advises clients on all aspects of EU competition law, with a focus on merger control.
Prior to joining Sidley, Jakob worked in the antitrust practice of another international law firm in Brussels and completed a traineeship at the Belgian competition authority. From 2017-2019, Jakob was connected to the University of Leuven (KUL) as a teaching assistant in EU competition law.
Recent examples of Jakob’s work include representing:
- Clearlake Capital in its acquisition of nThrive’s technology division, a healthcare SaaS solution provider
- Clearlake Capital in its US$3 billion acquisition of Endurance International, a provider of cloud-based platform solutions
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its acquisition of CarTrawler, a provider of car rental and mobility solutions
- Clearlake Capital in its acquisition of DigiCert, a provider of digital certificates
- Ivanti, a Clearlake Capital portfolio company, in a strategic investment from TA Associates
- Ivanti in its take-private acquisition of MobileIron, a provider of mobile-centric unified endpoint management solutions
- Ivanti in its acquisition of Pulse Secure, a provider of secure access and mobile security solutions
- Perforce Software, a Clearlake Capital portfolio company, in a strategic investment from Francisco Partners
- Siris Capital in its acquisition of Electronics for Imaging, a provider of digital printing technology
- Archer Daniels Midland in its acquisition of PIL, a provider of probiotic supplements