JAKOB DEWISPELAERE advises clients on all aspects of EU competition law, with a focus on merger control.
Prior to joining Sidley, Jakob worked in the antitrust practice of another international law firm in Brussels and completed a traineeship at the Belgian competition authority. From 2017-2019, Jakob was connected to the University of Leuven (KUL) as a teaching assistant in EU competition law.
Recent examples of Jakob’s work include representing:
• TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sale of Metallo
• TowerBrook Capital Partners in its acquisition of CarTrawler
• Clearlake Capital in its acquisition of DigiCert
• Ivanti in a strategic investment from TA Associates
• Perforce Software in a strategic investment from Francisco Partners
• Siris Capital in its acquisition of Electronics for Imaging
• Archer Daniels Midland in its acquisition of Probiotics International