SUSAN FANNING has over 20 years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious employment matters. A large part of Susan’s practice is focused on assisting clients with multi-jurisdictional employment and labor requirements. These range from the coordination of transactional and restructuring support to the design and management of internal policy and international HR strategy. Susan has advised extensively on the employment and employee data aspects of internal investigations.
Recent examples of Susan’s work include representing:
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- Apollo Global Management on its US$2.6 billion acquisition of publicly traded Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Gilde Buy Out Partners in its investment in Caseking, a leading supplier of high-performance PC gaming equipment and peripherals.
- TransUnion in its acquisition of Callcredit, the second largest credit reference company in the United Kingdom.
Susan lectures regularly on all aspects of employment law, with particular focus on the management of employment risk across multiple jurisdictions. Susan is recommended for Employment in The Legal 500 2015, which recognizes her “following in the life sciences sector.” Susan was named “Employment Lawyer of the Year” by the International Law Office in 2011 and shortlisted again in 2013.
Prior to joining Sidley, Susan led the employment group at another international law firm from its London office.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Lancaster Gate, London, Postgraduate Diploma in Law, 1990
- Christ Church College, University of Oxford, B.A. (Hons), 1987