BEN GILLIG is a litigation associate in the firm’s San Francisco office.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben clerked for the Hon. Jane Kelly of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Ben graduated with highest distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he also served as editor-in-chief of the Iowa Law Review, was a moot court competition finalist, was elected Order of the Coif, and received the Donald P. Lay Faculty Award.
Prior to law school, Ben was a graduate student researcher and instructor at the University of Iowa, where he received his Ph.D. in educational policy and leadership studies.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of California
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Iowa, Ph.D., 2016
- San Diego State University, M.A., 2011 (with highest honors)
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., 2009 (Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude)
- Jane L. Kelly, U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit (2017 - 2018)